Oops! It’s already the new year but it’s my habit to do this, so here goes:
1) Where did you ring in 2009?
Watchnight service, Barker Road Methodist Church Preaching Point at ACS International
2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
Wife & mother!!
3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Yes. As a teacher and as an MA student.
4) How did you earn your keep?
Well, I was still a teacher but since I spent quite a bit of the beginning on MC, then was on 4 months of maternity leave and 2 months of no-pay leave only returning to work end-Sept, I didn’t really work very much this year!
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yes! Delivered Anya in Thomson Medical Centre. She also landed up in KKH so I spent a couple of days there too.
6) Did you encounter the police?
Err.. went to the police post to get my address on my IC changed
7) Where did you go on vacation?
Went to Malacca, on a cruise and Bintan with the husband and kid! First year in a long time that I didn’t get onto a plane!
Edit: Just remembered that Adrian and I went to Beijing without Anya!
8) What did you purchase that was over $500?
Ouch. Many things!! But the most expensive thing would be our new home!
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
Ming Lee, Kylie
10) Do you know anybody who passed away?
11) Have you run into anybody you graduated high school with?
Met up with Shuming simply because we had the same ob/gyn and our babies were born around the same time! Also met up with my JC classmates.
12) Did you move anywhere?
Yes! The great migration from Boon Lay to Upp Bt Timah!
13) What sporting events did you go to?
I don’t enjoy sports
14) What concerts did you go to?
None, I think!
15) Where do you live now?
Upp Bt Timah
18) Describe your birthday.
First one as a mother. :)
19) What’s the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2009?
Weigh more than 70kg?? Go on holiday with my parents?? Interview for a job at MOE??
20) What is one thing you regretted this year?
Not being a better mother!!!
21) What’s something you learned about yourself?
I’m a pretty decent mother
22) Any new additions to your family?
My precious baby, Anya!
23) What was your best month?
24) How would you rate this year with a scale from 1 (shitty) to 10 (excellent)?
It’s so wonderful having Anya around but there were still ups and downs! Can’t really give a simple rating to sum up such an eventful year!